Friday, September 2, 2011

The Best Cake - Possibly EVER

We can never finish a cake. There are 4 of us but the kids just can't eat very much. I made this cake on Sunday and over the next few days we ate all but 1 piece--which would have gotten eaten by my hubby but I was tired of it sitting on top of my microwave! Crazy that a cake without chocolate could be this good. My Mother-In-Law makes it better but for my first try, it was amazingly delicious!


Lazy Daisy Cake
From the kitchen of Marilyn Allen
Mix:
4 eggs                                     
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Sift in:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
Heat until almost boiling:
1 cup milk
1 TB butter or margarine
Mix and bake in 9x13 pan at 350 for 30 minutes (mine took about 45 minutes to be done in the center).
Top with:
6 TB butter
4 TB cream
1 cup brown sugar
coconut and optional nuts
Brown carefully under broiler.  You may need to turn it around as it broils. (This only took about 2 minutes in my oven).

Enjoy!!!!
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment