Friday, February 1, 2013

Be Positive February

My happiness goal for February is to be positive--to think positive, to act positive, and to always speak positive. To kick off the month I made a list of 28 things that make me happy and I'm going to try and do one every day. These won't MAKE me positive but I think spending a little time each day doing something for me will make me feel happier and when Momma is happy, everyone else will be too and it will be easier to think positively.

It took me a really long time to come up with my list. I'm great at coming up with lists for Christmas and birthday presents, preschool ideas, date ideas, holiday activities, menus, and endless other lists. Making one for things I like to do was so different. How often as a mom do I think about myself? Sometimes the best thing you can do for your children is learning to take care of yourself and showing them by example how to be happy.

Here's mine. Laugh all you want at what makes me happy. :)

1. Take a bath
2. Read for at least 15 minutes
3. Check out pinterest (I hardly ever get on anymore.)
4. Post pictures of the kids for Grandmas to see.
5. Make a holiday craft.
6. Go swimming or play basketball
7. Play the ukulele and sing
8. Sit and watch the birds
9. Play Rome Total War
10. Do a REAL yoga workout i.e. without children crawling under my downward dog
11. Declutter something
12. Scrapbook some pictures
13. Play golf (the card game)
14. Read lots of stories to the girls
15. Do a crossword puzzle
16. Watch HGTV
17. Design a room remodel
18. Draw/paint a picture
19. Bake something
20. Go to the library
21. Surprise the kids with something
22. Eat out
23. Text something nice to all my friends
24. Plan something super "romantical" for the hubby
25. Doodle
26. Shop or at least browse online
27. Take a nap
28. Go for a walk

Think of your own list and put it into action today. It is a great way to break up the winter boredom too. :)

Happy February!
xo,
Dedra

No comments:

Post a Comment