Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rejuvenate: 1st Step

The first step of my Happiness Project is to Rejuvenate myself. The first part of my agenda is to get to sleep at a better time. That means I need to leave the basement by 11:00 p.m. to get ready and read before 11:45ish. It is really hard to get out of the basement at night. Going to bed each night feels kind of like failure because nothing has changed during the day and often times it seems like things are getting worse but to help correct my problem of going to sleep too late I am going to invest in a cheap alarm clock that will ring annoyingly at 11:00 and tell me to go up to bed. Here's hoping it works.

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you for being so open and honest about life not being perfect. It's so easy to pretend it is and then beat ourselves up for not really being perfect.

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that I will enjoy this blog. I also battle depression. Your goals are encouraging to me. I will join you as I work to make my art and crafts (which in many ways keep me going when the depression cloud becomes overwhelming)because I hope to be helpful to you too. I am a believer in Christ, to whom I pray for strength. In your picture you are beautiful with an engaging smile and sweet, lovely baby. I believe that art/crafts and cooking are great tools to help conquer the melancholia. So cheer's to you for your strength and courageous decision.Tonight I will follow your sleep plan and let you know how it goes. To the chef in you I say this: in a few I plan to have a warm milk drink, some camomile tea, and/or a small snack that helps sleep.

    ReplyDelete