Thursday, August 16, 2012

Musings of a Mother of Six

I've heard people say that when you have a baby you lose like 1/4 of your brain cells.  I believe it.  Though, with six kids, that means I've lost my whole brain plus half of someone else's brain.  I still believe it.  I try to help my poor brain with Sudoku and logic problems and cross words.  eh.  Reading too, should help.  So I use my poor moldy brain as an excuse to escape to the world of Hogwarts or some romantic spot in another time and country where kids don't whine and never fight.  What was the point of this post again?...ah...Oh yes. Cameras.  When we moved into this house, I lost my external hard drive with ALL my pictures on it.  ALL OF THEM.  My twins in their blessing dresses, weekly excursions all around the state with the kids, anniversary trips, everything.  I backed some of them up on flikr and some on my desktop.  I kept meaning to buy a bunch of jump drives and put each year's worth of pictures on one (I like to organize.)  I never got around to it.  My brain didn't let me remember to do it and now my brain won't let me remember where I packed that dang hard drive!  So, moral, don't make the same mistake I did.  Back up your pictures!  And then back up your backups.  You'll have fun looking through them as you do it, and so will your kids.  Do it together.  Then, when you're done backing them up, scrapbook them (insert shameless plug) using Prettiful Designs products!

-_-_-Michelle-_-_-

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I feel sad for what happened to you. I hope there’ll be a possible way to recover those files. How come your files were deleted by just moving in to a new house? Do you know cloud services? I bet you’ve heard of it. That is actually the best way to save your files, with just a click of the mouse and through the Internet. You can open and get those files whenever and wherever you want. That’s pretty convenient when you’re on a trip and traveling. =)

    ReplyDelete